Sunday, January 10, 2010

Counting my blessings

As I sat in the dark corner of Jameson's room rocking him to sleep in my arms just moments ago, I realized that I do not often enough take a break from the hustle and bustle of my everyday life to reflect on how much the Lord has blessed me.
When I started to think about it, tears came to my eyes. My Jackson, almost 3, is so smart, funny, and such a lover! He loves his mommy!!! My Jameson, almost 9 months, makes me laugh all the time with his gummy grins and his blowing raspberries, the way he gets SO excited about eating, enjoys playing peekaboo, and giving "lovins."

Tonight as I was tucking Jackson into bed and we did our normal I love you war and in the darkness of Jameson's room as I snuggled him close, kissing his forehead, rubbing my hands through his hair (all very routine things) it hit me...another rush of love for my babies. What an amazing feeling. Just when I start to think that there is NO WAY my heart has anymore room for love, it hits me and I love them even more than I did just seconds before.

Thank you Lord for my babies!

1 comments:

Erica said...

:) I love hearing things like this! It makes everything you go through so worth it. I hope to live in the moment everyday when I have my baby and appreciate everything, good and bad! Its really easy to let life pass you by without even knowing it. I find it hard to believe that Elizabeth is 22 lol